Hi dear people!
Today, I am going to provide you with some tips that can save your life! Want to know more?! Stay with me!
Dr Shervin from Artistic Dental Studio with part 2 of “Behind the scenes in dentistry” from My Dental Tips series.
Do you have any idea what threatens you most as soon as you walk into a dental practice?
I guess you do. It is nothing but germs. I want to provide you with some useful information regarding infection control in dental practice.
There are some crucial points to consider:
Firstly, you need to know no matter how good your dentist is, infection control always comes first. Effective infection control is not possible unless:
– The whole dental team are properly trained and keep receiving relevant training over time.
– Necessary equipment approved by TGA (Therapeutic goods administration) are present.
– A definite protocol is always been followed and adhered to.
Secondly, you can check some areas quickly to see if a certain protocol is being followed:
– There are no dust-covered surfaces
– Instruments are all sterilized and packed in pouches, opened in front of patient before the procedure
– There are no signs of splatters on dental chair
– There are no soiled floors
– The basin beside dental chair is clean
– There is new cup and mouth rinse
– New masks and gloves are worn by staff
And, Staff’s scrubs are always clean
Thirdly, you need to make sure proper routine is being followed.
So, as the take home tip, please be vigilant regarding infection control to keep you and your family safe!
Please share this blog if you find it useful.
Have a fantastic one!